Employing International Students

International students are allowed employment during the studies in the United States. United States law limits this employment to 20 hours per week or less during the academic year. This employment is strictly limited to University - based, on campus employment. International students are never authorized - except through specific permission of the  Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services - to work outside of the University.

Prior to beginning any employment on campus, all students on F-1 or J-1 visas must have a Social Security Number. Approval generally takes from 10 to 15 days.

Upon successfully completing the social security process, the student must then fill out the Employment Eligibility Verification Form(I-9) and the Foreign National Questionnaire. These forms can be picked up in the OISS but must be submitted to the Human Resources Department, along with copies of your Social Security Number, your I-20 or DS 2019 and your F-1 or J-1 visa.


ISS Site Search

"Fostering transition, intercommunication and a sense of independence for TCU’s international students."

TCU Home