Employment Guidelines

Procedures for Working On Campus
  1. Find a job.
  2. Acquire a Social Securty Card.
  3. Fill out an Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) and a Foreign National Questionnaire.
  4. Have is sign the I-9 to verify eligiability to work in the U.S.
  5. Submit the I-9 and Foreign National Questionaire to the Career Services Department along with copies of your Social Security Number, your I-20 or DS 2019 and your F-1 or J-1 visa.
Rules of Employment
  1. Never work more than 20 hours per week during the Spring and Fall academic sessions. You may work over 20 hours during summer and winter vacation.
  2. Never work off campus without specific permission from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
  3. You must have a Social Security Card in order to work on campus.
  4. You must file a U.S. tax return in the spring. Even if you do not work.



ISS Site Search

"Fostering transition, intercommunication and a sense of independence for TCU’s international students."

TCU Home